The latest residential security options are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform simple security tasks like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Johnson City, you can just leave the driveway and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Johnson City For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you can arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements utilize to communicate with each other. The technology aids your security system by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to institute a unique boundary around your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you may program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Johnson City. With the mobile app, you can do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular equipment activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your lighting lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Johnson City
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (423) 241-8092 or send in the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.