How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Johnson City
Security cameras can simply be installed as a deterrent—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are equipped with an array of features all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features help you to have the most from video surveillance in Johnson City.
How To Set Up Your Johnson City Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is installing the components in the best areas within your house. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your front door, drive, and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom may reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Component placement is only the foundation for extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Johnson City. The additions listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your smart device the instant unusual motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone through the unit. Through your security app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and provides a more comprehensive view of an area. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to secure specific spots within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date alerts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Johnson City is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (423) 241-8092 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.